Infertility Lingo Guide
- Two-week wait, that dreaded time between ovulation (and any conception attempts) and possibly AF.
- Anonymous donor insemination, referring to sperm donors who are not known to the couple using the sperm
- Aunt Flo, a woman's menstrual period.
- Assisted reproductive technology or technique
- Basal body temperature
- BCP, OCP
- Birth control pills, oral contraceptives
- BD, bd'ing
- Baby-dancing, sexual relations that are hoped to result in conception.
- Often refers to Beta hCG test (See hCG below).
- "by the way"
- CCT, clomid challenge test
- Diagnostic test in which clomiphene is used to gauge ovaries' response to FSH, thereby predicting the "health" of egg supply
- Cycle day, referring to which day of a woman's ovulatory cycle she is presently in
- Cervical mucus
- Cryopreservation, referring to the freezing of embryos, sperm, and occasionally, eggs for future use in IVF
- Dear daughter
- Donor egg, referring to eggs other than those of woman trying to conceive
- Dear husband
- Donor insemination, referring to insemination with sperm other than husband's or partner's
- Dear son
- Dear wife
© Tracy Morris